A Traditional Chinese Medicine practice that involves pricking the skin tissues with very small needles to alleviate pain and to treat various physical, mental and emotional conditions. The tiny needles will be placed along specific points (meridians) in the body to address your specific needs. Cupping, Gua Sha, and Chinese Herbal Consultations can also be requested when booking a 60 minute session.
Ayurvedic Wellness Consults
Ayurveda is the science of life offering a body of wisdom designed to facilitate vibrancy and a coming into one’s full potential. This sister science to yoga is an ancient and holistic form of individualized healing based upon the whole person. During a session, your practitioner will help to identify your unique prakriti, determine patterns of imbalance (vikriti), and offer interventions using suitable diet, herbs, aromatherapy, pancha-karma, massage treatments, music, yoga and meditation to reestablish inner balance and harmony.
Ayurveda Juicing and Smoothie Consultations
During a one-on-one consultation with Ramesh, you will learn about your Ayurvedic body-type and how to create plant-based meals and super-drinks that is best suited for your specific lifestyle and body make-up. These drinks can also be combined with various herbs to supercharge your immune system, reduce weight and stress, as well as deepen your sleep.
Holistic Health Coaching
In each session Beth explores the aspects of her client’s life with precision and care. She delves into each session with various questions such as: Does stress at your job or in your relationships cause you to overeat? Does lack of sleep or low energy prevent you from exercising? Are you cut off from your spiritual connection to your deeper self? Working together you will unravel what is blocking you from feeling vitality in your daily life. Due to her own experiences of extreme fatigue and burn-out, Beth excels at helping her clients weave self-care seamlessly into their daily routines. In addition, Beth is constantly staying current on the latest and most cutting edge alternative health care, supplements, and information, so she always has new approaches to share. Individual sessions are an exceptional commitment to yourself inviting you to improve your overall lifestyle so you can enjoy your life to the fullest. We will discuss your progress, as well as your successes and challenges in looking after yourself. Having an accountability partner makes all the difference when trying to reach personal goals. Each session will be for 1 hour. Clients will be asked to fill out a health history form beforehand. After each session Beth will provide a summary and appropriate handouts of what was discussed and the goals that were set.
“Vitality Connection” –A Share and Learn Holistic Wellness Group
I will be sharing my knowledge and experience with nutrition, essential oils, herbal remedies, self care techniques and various forms of wellness strategies. We will also be learning from the synergy created through the group’s wisdom. The intention here is for people to come and learn about health and wellness from a nutritional stand-point and to explore the powerful effects of nutrition combined with deep relaxation, meditation and mindfulness practices on our overall health and well being. This would be an opportunity for people to share their appropriate insights regarding nutrition, digestion, and overall wellness as it pertains to nourishment both on and off the plate. We will look at what is positively fueling your life and how to sustain that so you can nurture and care for your mind, body and spirit. We will access and be guided by our intuition to the best of our abilities. These practices will support us in enjoying our lives more fully.
Integrative Physical Therapy
In a session, clients can expect to receive a detailed assessment to identify impairments which may be contributing to pain or altered function. This can also include screening for injury prevention, balance training, and modifications for yoga postures. After identifying areas of concern, manual therapy (massage, acupressure, active release, Graston Technique, stretching, joint mobilizations, etc) may be used if indicated. Then expect to learn simple, yet powerful movements, self-massage, breathing exercises, traditional exercises, yoga postures, meditation, and/or qigong and tai chi movements to do at home in order to address the underlying cause of pain and altered function. Sessions end with a qigong flowing sequence to optimize energy and vitality while evoking the relaxation response for health enhancement and optimal healing. Clients also have the option to reflect and share about the session to better process and integrate what they have experienced.
At this time we are unable to treat anyone receiving Medicare/Medicaid. ACY does not file claims to CMS, as our services are priced on a sliding scale.
Massage Therapy is a manual manipulation of the soft tissues to promote relaxation, release muscle tension, improve range of motion, stress relief, anxiety reduction, and improve one’s overall health and well-being. Various methods of treatment can be incorporated into a session with your practitioner. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled treatment to allow ample time to fill out an intake form and to discuss with your practitioner specific goals for your session. Listed below are a few examples of different styles or methods one can receive in a session.
- Swedish– A Swedish Massage is generally sought out if seeking relaxation, stress relief, and anxiety reduction. Massage pressure ranges from Light, Medium, to Firm. Long/Smooth massage strokes are also incorporated to help improve blood circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- Deep Tissue– A Deep Tissue Massage is better suited for those individuals seeking deeper work to help relieve “knots”, alleviate muscle adhesions, and fascial release.
- Trigger Point– Isolated pressure is applied to an area to help release a “knot”.
- Myofascial Release– Your body is made up of an interconnected webbing that is called Fascia. “Its the glue that holds us together”. Generally speaking, fascia encompasses your muscles and is intertwined into the belly of the muscle. When an individual has repetitive strain, limited range of motion, and muscle tension it also creates tension in the fascial network. Myofascial Release, targets just that. Gentle/Sustained pressure is applied to help ease muscle restriction and chronic pain.
- Pregnancy– Specific to pregnancy utilizing gentle strokes to aid in improved circulation, relaxation, swelling reduction, and muscle tension. Bolsters and Pillows are often accompanied during this type of treatment to promote comfort and support. Side-Lying is also an alternative to positioning especially during the 2nd-3rd trimesters. Please Note: When booking a pregnancy massage, book with Meredith Weaver ONLY.
- Hot Stone– Smooth heated stones placed on the body as an extension of the therapists hands to bring about the relaxation response and ease muscle stiffness and tension.
A Japanese energy healing technique that may or may not include light touch promoting deep relaxation and stress reduction based on the idea that a “life force energy” flows through us.
There are reflexes present on the feet that are a mirror image of the organs, glands and each system of the body. During a session these reflexes are stimulated using specific hand and finger techniques, unique to the field of reflexology. The nervous system begins to send messages to the corresponding body parts, systems and organs to increase energy flow and circulation. Thereby helping to release tension, reduce inflammation, alleviate stress and allow the body to return to homeostasis. Clients are encouraged to wear loose fitted clothing as the practitioner will be working from the knee down to the feet.