Healing Arts Descriptions of Services
Massage Therapy (Various modalities of massage therapy will be available)
- Swedish- Long smooth strokes to improve circulation and promote relaxation
- Deep Tissue- Deeper work to release knots and muscle tension
- Trigger Point- Isolated pressure and release to alleviate the pain cycle
- Myofascial Release- Gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to ease pain
- Pregnancy,- Specific to pregnancy utilizing supports and gentle strokes to aid in circulation, relaxation and the release tension. Please Note: When booking a pregnancy massage, book with Meredith Weaver ONLY.
- Relaxation- Gentle, gliding massage strokes to bring about the relaxation response
- Intuitive- Slow paced massage working with an intention to relax and provide therapeutic benefits tailored to each client
- Customized- A combination of therapies self-selected by the client
- Stone- Smooth heated stones placed on the body as an extension of the therapists hands to bring about the relaxation response and ease muscle stiffness and tension
Chiropractic Services: The Activator Method
The Activator Method does not use hands on manipulation, but instead is where a small device is used to make
adjustments, which can be a gentle way to soothe problem areas. During an activator treatment, the patient will lie face down on an adjustment table. Each area of the spine will then be worked on individually with the activator instrument. The tissue around the problem areas will be tapped with the device, first with a small amount of pressure followed by a quick thrust, which sort of feels like having your reflexes tested. There is no twisting or turning with this method, which many patients seem to enjoy.
Ayurvedic Wellness Consults
This sister science to yoga is an ancient and holistic form of individualized healing based upon the whole person. Ayurveda is the science of life offering a body of wisdom designed to facilitate vibrancy and a coming into one’s full potential.
A system of complementary medicine that involves pricking the skin tissues with needles to alleviate pain and to treat various physical, mental and emotional conditions.
We are thrilled to announce that we are now offering monthly acupuncture. Please join us on Sundays June 24, and July 22nd from 12:30-3:30pm. Sessions last 20-30minutes and are offered on a sliding scale of $20-40.
A Japanese energy healing technique that may or may not include light touch promoting deep relaxation and stress reduction based on the idea that a “life force energy” flows through us.
Health & Wellness Coaching
Goal setting, implementation and follow up including how to overcome obstacles in all aspects of wellness… physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social, environmental.
After an intake and diagnosis a dietary and herbal regimen will be developed in order to support an acute or chronic ailment.
Hands on manipulation of the meridians using suction cups and massage.
Small Specialty Therapeutic Yoga Groups (workshops and series)
Intimate groups (no more than 8) will come together using traditional and non-traditional yoga and other therapeutic techniques/education to improve overall well-being. These will be offered with various themes and topics throughout the year.
Several times throughout the year we will offer workshops and series classes on issues related to women’s health from the pelvic floor to the hair on your head.
Healthy Eating Consults
Learn how to set goals (no matter what your current eating style is, from meat eating to vegetarian and vegan), grocery shop, meal plan, prep and cook in order to choose and maintain a healthier more mindful diet.
The Alexander Technique
Learn an innovative mind-body approach to unwind stress-inducing reactions, so you can recover upright poise, improve performance, prevent injury, and experience more enjoyment in all the activities of life.