Healing Arts Descriptions of Services
Massage Therapy (Various modalities of massage therapy will be available)
- Swedish- Long smooth strokes to improve circulation and promote relaxation
- Deep Tissue- Deeper work to release knots and muscle tension
- Trigger Point- Isolated pressure and release to alleviate the pain cycle
- Myofascial Release- Gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to ease pain
- Pregnancy,- Specific to pregnancy utilizing supports and gentle strokes to aid in circulation, relaxation and the release tension. Please Note: When booking a pregnancy massage, book with Meredith Weaver ONLY.
- Relaxation- Gentle, gliding massage strokes to bring about the relaxation response
- Intuitive- Slow paced massage working with an intention to relax and provide therapeutic benefits tailored to each client
- Customized- A combination of therapies self-selected by the client
- Stone- Smooth heated stones placed on the body as an extension of the therapists hands to bring about the relaxation response and ease muscle stiffness and tension
Ayurvedic Wellness Consults
This sister science to yoga is an ancient and holistic form of individualized healing based upon the whole person. Ayurveda is the science of life offering a body of wisdom designed to facilitate vibrancy and a coming into one’s full potential.
A system of complementary medicine that involves pricking the skin tissues with needles to alleviate pain and to treat various physical, mental and emotional conditions.
We are thrilled to announce that we are now offering community acupuncture! Sessions are offered on a first come first serve basis, please sign-up at the front desk. Sessions typically last 20-30minutes and are offered on a sliding scale of $20-40.
Weekly Community Acupuncture with SarahJean:
Wednesdays from 2-6pm
Thursdays from 5-8pm
*Donation-based Saturdays: Join SarahJean from 9:30am-12:30pm on 8/18, 9/8, 10/13 for completely donation-based acupuncture
Monthly Community Acupuncture with Janelle:
Please join us on Sundays August 26th, September, 16, and October 21st from 12:30-3:30pm.
After an intake and diagnosis a dietary and herbal regimen will be developed in order to support an acute or chronic ailment.
Hands on manipulation of the meridians using suction cups and massage.
A Japanese energy healing technique that may or may not include light touch promoting deep relaxation and stress reduction based on the idea that a “life force energy” flows through us.
Small Specialty Therapeutic Yoga Groups (workshops and series)
Intimate groups (no more than 8) will come together using traditional and non-traditional yoga and other therapeutic techniques/education to improve overall well-being. These will be offered with various themes and topics throughout the year.