Healing Arts Descriptions of Services
Massage Therapy (Various modalities of massage therapy will be available)
- Swedish- Long smooth strokes to improve circulation and promote relaxation
- Deep Tissue- Deeper work to release knots and muscle tension
- Trigger Point- Isolated pressure and release to alleviate the pain cycle
- Myofascial Release- Gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to ease pain
- Pregnancy,- Specific to pregnancy utilizing supports and gentle strokes to aid in circulation, relaxation and the release tension
- Relaxation- Gentle, gliding massage strokes to bring about the relaxation response
- Intuitive- Slow paced massage working with an intention to relax and provide therapeutic benefits tailored to each client
- Customized- A combination of therapies self-selected by the client
- Stone- Smooth heated stones placed on the body as an extension of the therapists hands to bring about the relaxation response and ease muscle stiffness and tension
This is a very light touch based upon assessment of the energy fields and chakras.
Health & Wellness Coaching
Goal setting, implementation and follow up including how to overcome obstacles in all aspects of wellness… physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social, environmental.
A Japanese energy healing technique that may or may not include light touch promoting deep relaxation and stress reduction based on the idea that a “life force energy” flows through us.
Private Yoga Therapy
One-on-one individualized yoga sessions including postures, breathing and relaxation techniques tailored to specific needs.
Ayurvedic Wellness Consults
This sister science to yoga is an ancient and holistic form of individualized healing based upon the whole person. Ayurveda is the science of life offering a body of wisdom designed to facilitate vibrancy and a coming into one’s full potential.
A system of complementary medicine that involves pricking the skin tissues with needles to alleviate pain and to treat various physical, mental and emotional conditions.
After an intake and diagnosis a dietary and herbal regimen will be developed in order to support an acute or chronic ailment.
Hands on manipulation of the meridians using suction cups and massage.
Small Specialty Therapeutic Yoga Groups (workshops and series)
Intimate groups (no more than 8) will come together using traditional and non-traditional yoga and other therapeutic techniques/education to improve overall well-being. These will be offered with various themes and topics throughout the year.
Several times throughout the year we will offer workshops and series classes on issues related to women’s health from the pelvic floor to the hair on your head.
Healthy Eating Consults
Learn how to set goals (no matter what your current eating style is, from meat eating to vegetarian and vegan), grocery shop, meal plan, prep and cook in order to choose and maintain a healthier more mindful diet.
The Alexander Technique
Learn an innovative mind-body approach to unwind stress-inducing reactions, so you can recover upright poise, improve performance, prevent injury, and experience more enjoyment in all the activities of life.
Use Your Words (Reflective Writing)
This process for healing utilizes reflective writing to creatively identify and process ideas or past/present traumas that may or may not be able to be expressed verbally.
Guidance will be given intuitively using various techniques from mindfulness to talk therapy and/or using Tarot Cards depending upon client desires.
A way to quickly access brain waves in order to release energy blockages and bring the receiver into a place of more peace and clarity.
Dance and Grief Rituals
Creating sacred space in order to call-in client intentions using embodied exercises (dance, song, etc.) in limitless ways will be the hallmark of this profound therapeutic tool designed to facilitate greater balance and profound joy.
A powerful exploratory system blending dance, yoga and other movement in order to “remember” one’s authenticity/essence as wise, wild and free.