Be a part of the mission of Asheville Community Yoga!
In 2010, when we first opened Asheville Community Yoga, we set an intention to create a healing space, where anyone would be able to experience the benefits of yoga. This mission to provide accessible, inclusive yoga classes has blossomed into a community of over 19,000 students, 25+ staff members, 75+ volunteer teachers, a beautiful healing arts space, a café serving healthy, plant powered whole foods, and a thrift store filled with clothing, shoes, accessories and work from local artists.
We are so grateful for each and every community member who has been a part of this journey!
As with any investment for the benefit of a community, there is a financial cost.
In May of 2019 we held a Town Hall Meeting in which we reviewed our financial status as an organization with full transparency. At this meeting we informed the community of our current 1.85 million dollar debt from our Expansion Project. The Heart of Community will raise the necessary funds to pay off our debt and help maintain our mission of accessible wellness for all.
We invite you to consider how you can support our mission today to provide healing services for generations to follow.
Please visit our campaign page and review the ways in which you can contribute to the Heart of Community Fundraising Mission. If you are already prepared to donate, you can simply click the link below!
There are SO MANY ways for you to get involved! Together, we believe we can raise $200,000 this year. How can you help?
- Simple math: If every student gave just $5 extra toward the fundraiser once a week until the end of the year, we could raise $75,000+ . Think about that for a moment.
- Participate in our upcoming Vintage Blacklight Yoga & Dance Party! on Saturday, July 27th from 6 to 7 pm
- Be a part of our second Yogathon, a fun, intentional, community building event of practice, Live Music, and mindfulness on Saturday, August 17th. Our goal is to raise 50,000 for this event.
- Purchase tickets for our Dinner Theater event October 12th, as professional actors from our community, Nicole and Mark, perform the play, Love Letters
- Reach out to your family, neighbors and friends! Bring them in for classes, special events, shopping at Zen & Now, book appointments in our Healing Arts Center, or share a delicious meal at Karma Café. It is so powerful for you to share the mission of Asheville Community Yoga and your own inspiring story of yoga.
- Consider making a monthly or yearly tax-deductible donation or offering a five year interest free loan; or setting up a bequest or a remembrance donation for a loved one. If you are interested in a loan, bequest, or remembrance donation email Wendy@ashevillecommunityyoga.com
- In addition, beyond our Heart of Community Fundraising Mission platform on Classy.org, you may use your social media to support our fundraiser. Both Facebook and Instagram have created Fundraising platforms for your personal page. They’re easy to set up. Donations are raised to support your birthday, anniversary, graduation or simply focusing on our Heart of Community fundraising event. Staff will be happy to walk you through the process if you need a little help, and we have a step-by-step guide available for you to pick up at the desk if you need it.
Want to understand more about our history and why we are all participating in this Heart of Community Fundraising Mission?
How will you play a role in expanding this vision? We’d love to hear from you! Please reach out to Wendy@ashevillecommunityyoga.com with any questions, creative ideas, and input.