Be a part of the mission of Asheville Community Yoga!
Click on the logo above to go straight to our Heart of Community Donation page
Current Total Raised: $100,149.40* Thank You!!
We are excited to announce that the Halstead Family Foundation recognizes the mission of our community and has donated $35,000 to our
Heart of Community Fundraising Mission! Deep gratitude for this foundation and the work they do for others.
We have had two community members offer fundraising matches and other community members donating artwork, their amazing talents, and their time. Our community ROCKS!
Our Yogathon raised: $9,540.16!!!
Please consider making your donation now! There are also other ways to donate:
*(This total is a combination of our online Heart of Community Fundraising Mission, Yogathon Fundraising Event, donations made in the studio, as well as other events specifically dedicated to this fundraising mission. Totals on individual online fundraising pages are not reflective of the absolute total above.)
In 2010, when we first opened Asheville Community Yoga, we set an intention to create a healing space, where anyone would be able to experience the benefits of yoga. This mission to provide accessible, inclusive yoga classes has blossomed into a community of over 19,000 students, 25+ staff members, 75+ volunteer teachers, a beautiful healing arts space, a café serving healthy, plant powered whole foods, and a thrift store filled with clothing, shoes, accessories and work from local artists.
We are so grateful for each and every community member who has been a part of this journey!
As with any investment for the benefit of a community, there is a financial cost.
In May of 2019 we held a Town Hall Meeting in which we reviewed our financial status as an organization with full transparency. At this meeting we informed the community of our current 1.85 million dollar debt from our Expansion Project. The Heart of Community will raise the necessary funds to pay off our debt and help maintain our mission of accessible wellness for all.
We invite you to consider how you can support our mission today to provide healing services for generations to follow.
Please visit our campaign page and review the ways in which you can contribute to the Heart of Community Fundraising Mission. If you are already prepared to donate, you can simply click the link below!
There are SO MANY ways for you to get involved! Together, we believe we can raise $200,000 this year. How can you help?
Simple math: If every student gave just $5 extra toward the fundraiser once a week until the end of the year, we could raise $75,000+ . Think about that for a moment.
- Vintage Blacklight Yoga & Dance Party! on Saturday, July 27th was a blast!
- Our second Yogathon, raised $9,540.16!!
- Purchase tickets for our Dinner Theater event October 12th, as professional actors from our community, Nicole and Mark, perform the play, Love Letters
- Reach out to your family, neighbors and friends! Bring them in for classes, special events, shopping at Zen & Now, book appointments in our Healing Arts Center, or share a delicious meal at Karma Café. It is so powerful for you to share the mission of Asheville Community Yoga and your own inspiring story of yoga.
- Consider making a monthly or yearly tax-deductible donation or offering a five year interest free loan; or setting up a bequest or a remembrance donation for a loved one. If you are interested in a loan, bequest, or remembrance donation email Michael@ashevillecommunityyoga.com
- In addition, beyond our Heart of Community Fundraising Mission platform on Classy.org, you may use your social media to support our fundraiser. Both Facebook and Instagram have created Fundraising platforms for your personal page. They’re easy to set up. Donations are raised to support your birthday, anniversary, graduation or simply focusing on our Heart of Community fundraising event. Staff will be happy to walk you through the process if you need a little help, and we have a step-by-step guide available for you to pick up at the desk if you need it.
Want to understand more about our history and why we are all participating in this Heart of Community Fundraising Mission?
How will you play a role in expanding this vision? We’d love to hear from you! Please reach out to Wendy@ashevillecommunityyoga.com with any questions, creative ideas, and input.