Friday, April 20th – Sunday, April 22nd
Earn 12 CE with Yoga Alliance
Learn How to Teach and Apply the Insights of Yoga in Daily Life with Ramesh Bjonnes and Radhika Banu Bjonnes
In this weekend course, for both yoga students and teachers, you will immerse yourself in the study of the fascinating history and enlightening philosophy of yoga. By understanding the history of yoga, we can better understand the history of humanity and our potential for a more enlightened future. By learning the philosophical essence of the different yogic traditions, including Vedanta, Tantra and the Classical Yoga of Patanjali, you can integrate all of them into your own personal path of wisdom.
In this course, you will learn:
- Why the history of yoga is important in understanding our own history
- The history of yoga from its Tantric and Vedic roots
- The history of yoga beyond the written texts
- Pearls of wisdom from the Tantras of the Middle Ages
- The modern history of yoga—from Krishnamacarya to the yoga studio
- The historical relationship between Buddhism, Vedanta, the Yoga Sutras and Tantra
- The philosophical differences and similarities between Vedanta, Tantra and Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Madhuvidya: Tantric “honey wisdom” for work, relationship and love
- The inner essence of Ayurveda, the Yoga Sutras, Tantra and Vedanta and how to apply these profound teachings in daily life
- Lessons from Buddhism and Tantra in overcoming attachment and suffering
- Lessons from Tantra in overcoming bad karma, or bad samskaras
- Lessons from Tantra in attracting what we truly need
- Basic meditation techniques from the Yoga Sutras
Ramesh Bjonnes has traveled the world as a meditation teacher, Ayurvedic practitioner, and author. He is the Director of the Prama Wellness Center, a retreat center teaching yoga, meditation and health rejuvenation. He studied yoga therapy in Nepal and India, Ayurvedic Medicine at California College of Ayurveda and naturopathic detox therapy at the AM Wellness Center in Cebu, Philippines. Professor of Religion, Douglas Brooks says that Ramesh is an “important voice for the study of living Tantra,” and kirtan artist Jai Uttal says that his “writings cut right to the core of the spiritual journey.” Ramesh is the author of four books, and he lives with his wife Radhika and Juno, a sweet and gentle Great Pyrenees, in the mountains near Marshall, NC. His websites: www.prama.org www.rameshbjonnes.com
Radhika Banu Bjonnes (E-RYT 200) taught yoga and meditation classes in Singapore for over 13 years before coming to the US. She has studied with many world renowned teachers in Yin, Iyengar and Rajadhiraja Yoga. She also holds a 60 hour certification and a 400 hour Diploma in Rajadhiraja Yoga from the state sponsored Ananda Marga Yoga Academy in Singapore, a 100 hour certification in Yin Yoga led by Victor Chng, and a certificate in pre- and postnatal yoga. She is also an aromatherapist and a practitioner of various creative movement arts. For more information: www.prama.org
Tuition: Tuition for this course is $399. A deposit of $50 is due upon registration, $25 of which is non-refundable.
Early Bird Discount:
Register and pay by April 1st = save $100 and pay only $299.
Cancellation Policy- if you cannot attend the course, please notify us as soon as you can. We require a minimum of 1 month advance notice in order that a full refund, less a $25.00 administrative fee, be given. If you need to withdraw less than 1 month prior to the course, the $50 deposit is non-refundable. Less than two weeks prior to the course, no money paid toward the deposit or tuition will be refunded.
If you have any questions regarding registration, etc… please email Lauren: email@example.com.