Earn 12 Continuing Education Credits through Yoga Alliance
Saturday September 7th & Sunday September 8th
9:00 am – 4:00 pm both days (lunch break from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm)
Spend a nourishing weekend studying the Yoga Sutras as you learn how to bring them to life in the context of a group yoga class. This class is designed for yoga teachers and teachers in training who wish to study the sutras in a way that is respectful to the source text while also translating and interpreting the contents for modern yogis.
The weekend will include:
- Movement influenced by the teachings of the sutras
- Meditation in several styles referenced in and inspired by the sutras
- Reading several translations, and comparing and contrasting them
- Journaling and group discussion
- Practice teaching with reflection and feedback
- Improve your ability to describe the teachings in your own words and make them accessible to your students
- Learn to weave concepts from the sutras into your teaching of asana, pranayama, and meditation
- Practice developing class themes based on the sutras
- Clarify your understanding of the history and context of the sutras for modern practitioners
- Connect with like-minded teachers and fill your cup of inspiration
Tuition: Tuition for this course is $350. Register and pay in full by August 7th to receive $100 off, dropping the cost to $250!! A deposit of $50 is due upon registration, $25 of which is non-refundable
Cancellation Policy- If you cannot attend the course, please notify us as soon as you can. We require a minimum of 1 month advance notice in order to receive a full refund, excluding the $25.00 administrative fee. If you need to withdraw less than 1 month prior to the course, the $50 deposit is non-refundable. Less than two weeks prior to the course, no money paid toward the deposit or tuition will be refunded.
If you have any questions regarding registration, etc… please email Lauren: firstname.lastname@example.org.