Michael has been in the practicing school of yoga for more than 23 years. He began teaching yoga in 2003 and has been dedicated to serving others in the path of yoga and relationship work. Igniting passion and demonstrating love are Michael’s two favorite subjects. Michael is the co-founder and executive director of the center.
“I am blessed and honored to be part of this most incredible miracle the community has created. YOGA-YOGA-YOGA I love Yoga.”
Email him at Michael@ashevillecommunityyoga.com.
- Warm Vinyasa Flow, Mondays from 6-7:30 pm (Level 1 and 2, No Beginners Please)
- Vinyasa Flow, Tuesdays from 12-1 pm (Level 1 and 2)
- Yoga for Men, Tuesdays from 6-7:15 pm (All Levels, Beginners Welcome)
- Warm Vinyasa Flow, Wednesdays from 6:30-7:45 pm (Level 1 and 2, No Beginners Please)
- Vinyasa Flow, Thursdays from 9:45-10:45 am (Level 1 and 2)
- Warm Vinyasa Flow, Fridays from 12-1:15 pm (Level 1 and 2, No Beginners Please)
- Vinyasa Flow, Sundays from 9:45-10:45 am (Level 1 and 2)
- Warm Vinyasa Flow, Sundays from 4-5:30 pm (Level 1 and 2, No Beginners Please)
Vinyasa and Warm Vinyasa (Level 1 and 2, no beginners for warm vinyasa please)
Michael’s flow classes are a combination of strength, balance, focus, sensitivity and humor, with the breath being the main event of the class. Starting each class by warming up the body and heart with sun salutations, we then work our way through standing and balancing poses. By this time, our bodies are beginning to feel tenderized and ready to receive our true wisdom. Moving right along, we take hip openers and inversions, boat pose is a must, then spinal twists, and finishing with the most important pose of all, (savasana) corpse pose or relaxation pose. This class is like a mini retreat, bringing our body back to its true wisdom with a gift to share with others. (PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES EARLY AND BRING TOWEL AND WATER)
Yoga for Men (All levels, beginner’s welcome)
This class is for the beginner man who is inflexible and intimidated by the regular gym-style workout. This class also offers advanced instruction for men who have been doing yoga for some time. You will receive detailed instruction on how to stretch in a safe and healthy manner. Modifications are always offered. Learn how to move into poses with grace and vulnerability. It’s time to feel the value you bring to the world. Ages 17-105.