Our community raised more than $21,000 for our upcoming expansion through a 24-hour yogathon in early August. Although the event is over, you can still support our expansion directly through the donation page on our website.
NOTE: This event has since passed and registration is now closed.
Executive Director Michael Greenfield will lead 24 hours of various yoga practices at Asheville Community Yoga, at the same time that one of our board members, local surgeon Dr. Chris Lechner, simultaneously uses the focus he attained through yoga to swim 80 miles in 48 hours across Lake Michigan. The concurrent events will both raise money for the expansion.
Everyone is invited and welcome to participate in this all-levels appropriate event to promote health from noon Saturday, Aug. 8 until noon Sunday, Aug. 9. Sign up to participate as an individual or team, sponsored either by the hour or for the full 24-hour event.
And even if you’re not up for all that yoga, there are many ways to support the yogathon: donate your money by sponsoring another participant or your time by serving as a volunteer. If you would like to volunteer, please email Wendy@ashevillecommunityyoga.com.
Email Cari@ashevillecommunityyoga.com with any questions or for support in registering.
If good karma wasn’t enough incentive to get involved, we’re also offering these special gifts to our major fundraisers:
- $500 raised: Complimentary admission to a workshop
- $1,000 raised: Complimentary admission to a series class as well as items mentioned above
- $2,500 raised: Choice of bolster and eye pillow as well as items mentioned above
- $5,000 raised: Choice of yoga mat as well as items mentioned above
- $10,000 raised: Complimentary admission to teacher training as well as items mentioned above
All money raised will go towards our upcoming expansion, planned to double our size later this year in hopes of making yoga and wellness more accessible in the community. Everyone is invited and welcome to participate in this all-levels appropriate event to promote health and make high quality yoga classes available to even more people! Please see below for the schedule, and sign up for all 24 hours or the portion that suits you!*
- Noon to 1 p.m.: Opening ceremony with live music from Luna Ray
- 1:15 to 3:30 p.m.: Gentle Flow from the Heart
- 3:30 to 4 p.m.: Snack break
- 4 to 6 p.m.: Align with the Divine Flow
- 6 to 7 p.m.: Mindful Eating
- 7 to 9 p.m.: Screening of a yoga-related film and Walk The Talk (time spent in nature)
- 9 p.m. to midnight: Live music and fire circle, Asking the Deeper Questions
- Midnight to 3 a.m.: Mystery of Love Vinyasa
- 3:30 to 4 a.m.: Sweet Delight
- 4 to 6 a.m.: Restorative Yoga and Didgeridoo Meditation with Corey Costanzo
- 6 to 7 a.m.: Sunrise and Shine Gentle Flow
- 7 to 8 a.m.: Mindful breakfast
- 8 to 9:30 a.m.: Walk the Talk (time spent in nature)
- 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.: Closing ceremony
- 10:30 a.m. to noon: Open Into Love Vinyasa with live music from Luna Ray
*Schedule is subject to change due to weather and other circumstances out of our control.
Click here for more information about who we are, what we have planned for the wellness expansion and why we’re taking this project on now.