Asheville Community Yoga is dedicated to helping teachers build compassionate communities through the service of yoga.
We provide current yoga teachers with the tools necessary to dig into the depth and richness of yoga. Through a combination of collaboration and self study, our 300 hour teacher training empowers teachers to serve from a place of authenticity and whole heartedness.
Asheville Community Yoga’s 300 hour program is designed to help current yoga teachers:
- Establish a habit of self study (Svadhyaya) for the sake of personal growth and transformation.
- Explore asanas, pranayama and meditation in-depth (advanced variations as well as modifications and adjustments for beginners and injuries) gaining the ability to teach yoga to ALL levels and ensuring yoga is truly accessible to all.
- Gain strength and confidence in your own body and practice as a way to guide others in doing the same.
- Access creativity to bring more fulfillment into your own life and into theming and sequencing to create well rounded and effective classes.
- Cultivate clear communication and language for personal development and for the purpose of delivering concise messages and powerful experiences for others.
- Establish ultimate health for yourself, your family and community.
Surround yourself in COMMUNITY!
Community is the bedrock of all Asheville Community Yoga’s programming. We have witnessed time and time again the infinite growth and unlimited potential individuals tap into within themselves when held and supported by a community of people who genuinely want others in the group to be their absolute best!
The heart of Asheville Community Yoga’s teacher trainings, and what specifically sets our 300 hour program apart, is the “Sangha” or “spiritual community” that is created. The people accompanying you on this seven month journey will become like family as you laugh, cry, work, play, expand and transform together. As a group you will have similar goals yet each person will come with their own unique gifts that will create a beautiful tapestry in which warmth, comfort and support can be found.
The path of spiritual awakening and growth can be as challenging as it is rewarding, don’t go it alone. Let Asheville Community Yoga’s Sangha of teachers, students, staff and volunteers hold and support you as you journey deeper into your heart and soul.
If you are committed to self discovery, teaching yoga and deepening ties to your community for the sake of creating a better world to live and love in, we are committed to helping you get there! Let Asheville Community Yoga become your yoga home for the next leg of your yoga journey!
March 30-April 1
April 19-22 (Prama Weekend, 3 Nights)
Saturday & Sunday
Early Bird Discount – Substantial savings available if you register and pay in-full by the following dates.
May 24th 2017 – $3400
July 26th 2017 – $3700
September 6th – $3900
Asheville Community Yoga Teachers and Graduates – Substantial savings available! See application.
Asheville Community Yoga is dedicated to making all of our programs available to as many people as possible.
Scholarships will be awarded to those who demonstrate financial need, a calling to go deeper in their own practice, or a desire to teach yoga to any of the following groups: seniors, the lesser able, underprivileged youth, veterans, prison populations, pregnant women, people with mental illness and people in recovery.
Applicants must write a one-to-two-page essay stating why they want to take the training, why there is a need for them to receive financial aid and what they will do with their knowledge once they have completed the training. Scholarship savings cannot be combined with any other discounts. Please email the essay to email@example.com.
All scholarship essays are due by July 26th 2017.
Requests will only be reviewed once the full training application has been submitted along with the $100 scholarship deposit.
Do You Need Financial Support for your Teacher Training?
Consider using Dharma Fund to raise money for your training. Dharma Fund provides a network which brings together like-minded people and communities. Through the Dharma Fund community, projects and project leaders have access to a wide web of support, exposure, resources, knowledge and an opportunity to present themselves and their projects to the world.
Visit www.DharmaFund.net to start your own campaign!
Payment plans are tailored and unique to each individual’s needs. In order to establish a payment plan, a deposit must be paid at the time of registration to guarantee your space in the program. Remaining tuition after the deposit and scholarship (if applicable) are applied can be paid back in monthly installments.
Techniques, Training and Practice: 50 Hours
This material will continue to build on the foundations gained in a 200HR program. The main categories of asana will be revisited and explored in an in-depth manner. This material will also cover pranayamas, mantras, mudras, chanting, meditations and other traditional yoga techniques. Through this exploration, participants will gain a skill set that will help them adapt the practice of yoga to any and all populations.
Teaching Methodology: 5 Hours
This material guide participants in finding their unique voice, qualities and strengths within the practice of teaching yoga. Teaching and learning styles will be explored as well as ways in which to address specific needs of individuals and populations. These modules will strengthen communication skills, group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries.
Anatomy and Physiology: 15 Hours
This material will touch on both physical and subtle anatomy. Modules will have a variety of focuses such as:
- Bodily systems and organs
- Benefits and contraindications of specific yoga practices
- chakras, Koshas and nadis
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: 30 Hours
Topics and Modules in this category include:
- Deeper study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts
- Yoga Lifestyles
- Ethical practices for teachers and the student/teacher relationship
- Understanding the value of Karma Yoga, teaching for the sake of teaching and yoga as selfless service
Practicum: 30 Hours
- Practice teaching (does not include assisting, observing or giving feedback)
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Observing others teaching**
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching
Remaining hours will be spent in either a group or individual setting and will have a variety of focuses such as: